Terms and Conditions
- All hearing aids supplied by Castle Hearing are dispensed by qualified Hearing Aid Audiologists, registered with the Health Care and Professions Council. The supply of your hearing aid includes the following – Initial hearing assessment, fitting, follow up calls and unlimited service for the life of the aids as required by the purchasing client.
- All hearing aids shall be supplied with a standard 2 year manufacturer’s warranty Out of warranty hearing aids shall be serviced when required but repairs to hearing aids outside of warranty are chargeable.
- In the circumstances where hearing aids are on a trial basis, any custom moulds supplied at the point of fitting are chargeable. If the hearing aids are lost or damaged then the full payment is required immediately.
- If hearing aids are lost or damaged, it can be extremely upsetting and very costly. We would therefore strongly recommend that you take steps to insure your hearing aids as any loss or accidental damage is the clients’ responsibility. This can be generally be covered by the clients household insurance cover but will generally be charged for by your insurance company Any damage to the hearing aids caused by any means other than technical fault, for example misuse of hearing aids or water damage will be chargeable.
- Your hearing aid is supplied to you with the full benefit of our 30 day money back guarantee of satisfaction. If you are dissatisfied with your hearing aid you may return it within 30 days of the date of fitting. Your rights to obtain a repair or replacement of your hearing aid in the event of you being supplied with a faulty hearing aid are not restricted.
- In accordance with the terms of the guarantee provided by the manufacturer of your hearing aid, we undertake to make good, free of charge by repair or replacement, defects which under proper use may appear in your hearing aid within a period of 24 months after your hearing aid has been fitted. Liability for damage arising from misuse or attempted repair by persons other than those authorised by the manufacturer is specifically excluded from this guarantee.
- Rehabilitation Consultation -With the fitting of every new hearing aid, a period of rehabilitation is necessary.As part of our continuing aftercare service, we under take to offer a further personal consultation within 6 weeks of the delivery and fitting of your hearing aid, at no additional charge to you.This consultation is to assess your progress and to offer any further assistance that may be required. It may be arranged at the time of fitting of your hearing aid but may also be arranged by contacting us at the address and telephone number given on your “fitting receipt” form.
- Where there is any customer dissatisfaction for what ever reason, the first point of contact shall be Castle Hearing on 0800 160 1353.