Microsuction uses an illuminated microscope and a medical suction device to remove the wax straight from the ear canal, and is widely accepted as the safest and most comfortable method. Patients usually prefer this for several reasons:
- Since no liquids are used, it involves no mess.
- The practitioner is able to see exactly what’s happening in the ear canal, helping make this the safest method of removing wax.
- It is generally more comfortable than syringing.
- It doesn’t usually require the use of oil beforehand, so can be carried out as a ‘walk-in’ procedure.
- Being a safer and gentler process than syringing, it can be repeated more often, making it ideal for people who suffer regularly from excessive wax.
- It can be performed safely on patients for whom syringing is not an option: those with perforated eardrums or who have a history of ear surgery.
Castle Hearing provides a wax removal service by microsuction at our Dumfries clinic. Our state-of-the-art facilities ensure a safe, comfortable environment, where our audiologists can perform a free examination and offer professional, impartial advice on the health of your ears. If appropriate, we can remove excessive ear wax at a cost of £40 for one ear and £60 for two.
We routinely take before and after photographs by video otoscopy, allowing you to see the results for yourself. In addition, we provide ongoing aftercare, with free six-monthly check-up appointments to ensure that any further buildup of wax doesn’t become a problem again.
Phone us or fill out an online form to book a free consultation today.